Availability and Prices
To check the availability of 'Off the Rails' please click here for our calendar page at Independent Cottages website
Prices for the 2023 season:
£650.00 per week for the low season
£1120.00 for the high season
The station lets are from Saturday to Saturday sleeping up to 6.
A deposit of £150.00 is required within seven days of booking with the balance due eight weeks before letting commences.
Plockton Station is a no-smoking environment
Our full Terms and Conditions are shown below:
1. Period of Hire: letting commences at 4pm on the day of arrival and terminates at 10.00am on the day of departure. The accommodation is let for holiday purposes only and only to the persons named in the reservation request. Due to the enhanced cleaning we are undertaking, we would like to advise guests that this may limit their ability for early check-ins. However, please feel free to call ahead and check if this is possible and we will cater to your requirements where possible.
2. Booking and Payment: a firm booking is accepted following a written request either by email or letter and our confirmation of availability. Unless otherwise stated a deposit of £150 of the rental fee is payable when a booking is made. The balance shall be payable eight weeks before the commencement of the letting period. N.B. If the balance has not been paid 8 weeks prior to arrival your reservation cannot be guaranteed. For bookings made less than eight weeks in advance full payment is required at the time of booking. Acceptable methods of payment are cheques drawn on a UK bank account, or by direct bank transfer by prior arrangement. Please enquire if you wish to use Paypal.
3. Cancellations: should a cancellation be made by the client we will seek to re-let the property for the period of hire. If we are successful in doing so a full refund will be made, if not the deposit will be forfeited by the client. If cancellation occurs less than eight weeks prior to hire and we unable to re-let for the period a 100% fee will be forfeited by the client.
4. Services: heating, hot water, electricity, bedlinen and towels are included in the weekly tariffs quoted.
5. Numbers of Persons using the property: the number of persons occupying the property should not exceeed the maximum number of beds. Sub-letting is strictly prohibited.
6. Complaints: should there be any cause for complaint during or after a period of letting, please let us know immediately. Additionally we would welcome any feedback that may help us to improve our service to future guests so please do let us have your comments or suggestions.
7. Breakage or Damage: we kindly ask that any items damaged should be replaced or appropriately remunerated for. Please advise us of any breakages or damage that should occur during your stay.
8. Care of the Property: the client shall take reasonable and proper care of the property, its fixtures, fittings and furniture, in or around the property and leave them in the same clean and tidy condition and state of repair at the end of the letting period as at the beginning.
9. Liability: the owners shall have no liability for any death, personal injury, damage or loss of personal property, unless this results from the owner's negligence.
10. Right of Entry: the owners reserve the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for the purposes of inspection or to carry out necessary repairs or maintenance.
11. Off the Rails strives to be an environmentally friendly establishment and uses, where possible, eco-friendly products such as Ecover products and low-energy light bulbs. We ask that you ensure that all lights and appliances are switched off when leaving the station, and at no time should the open fire be left unattended. We are very much aware that water is a limited resource even in the Highlands, so we ask that you ensure that water should be used sensibly.
12. Guests are strongly advised to consider purchasing travel insurance, which, in the event of a cancellation and we are unable to re-let the property, should, in the majority of circumstances, ensure that a refund may be made by the insurance company.